Nursery Child Care Provision
Our Nursery caters for a maximum of 26 children between the ages of 2 and 4 years old and operates all year around 8 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays and a week at Christmas).
The Nursery children have usage of the following rooms during their time at our Nursery setting:
- Sensory Room
- Physical Play room
- General play room
- Quiet Play room
- Toddler corner
- Main garden play area
- Additional nursery garden play area
Kids Club Child Care Provision
Our Kids Club caters for a maximum of 8 children between the ages of 4 and 11 years old and runs during the school holidays 8 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday.
The Kids Club children have usage of the following rooms during their time at our holiday kids club:
- Dedicated kids Club Play room
- Sensory room – In rotation with the nursery children.
- Physical Play room – In rotation with the nursery children.
- Main outdoor play space – In rotation with the nursery children.
The sensory room promotes rest and relaxation. In the sensory room there are bubble tubes, a light table with accessories to explore, fibre optic strands and lights, a light board for drawing, a light box, sensory tray with natural objects for handling such as: dried fruits and pine cones, man made sensory toys and a ceiling adorned with fairy lights.
Physical Play Room
Our physical play room is great for promoting the physical activity of the children. Especially in the coldest wettest weather when the children are unable to play outdoors.
In our physical play room we have the following equipment available catering to a variety of age ranges of children:
- 2x climbing frames with slides, basketball nets and football goals.
- 1x ball pit with slide.
- Toddler swing.
- 3 x brewsters style soft sit on toys.
- Giant biga blocks for building life size houses.
- Balance board.
- Sit in car with pre set tracks to navigate.
- Bouncy castle.
- Thomas ride on train track suitable for toddlers.
- Giant weaving frame for threading activities.
- Whiteboard and chalkboard for drawing.
- Busy board with lots of different latches and fastenings to explore. This will particularly appeal to the nursery children within the toddler age range.
- We have a parachute available for large group parachute games.
- We have a small fitness trampoline which will particularly appeal to the children within the kids Club age range.
- In addition to the above equipment we also have a space hopper, sports day play set, hula hoops, skittles and bean bags for playing group games.
We shall be adapting the layout of the room for the different ages of children.
General Nursery Play Room
In our general nursery Play room. The nursery children have access to the following play spaces:
- Construction area.
- Small world area.
- Home corner.
- Dressing up rail with a mirror.
- Messy play / sand and water table.
- Three sided painting easel.
- Table for arts and crafts and table top games.
- Computer area with a variety of different v smile consoles.
Nursery Quiet Play Room
In the nursery quiet play room. The children have access to the following play spaces:
- Quiet area with a canopy, cushions and bean bags.
- Book box full of a selection of books for the children to explore, including:
- Board books
- Waterproof books
- Cloth books
- Texture books
- Lift the flap books
- Picture books
- First reader books
- Comics, magazines and travel brochures.
Nursery Toddler Corner
In the nursery toddler Corner. The children within the toddler age range have access to the following toys:
- Shape sorters
- Stacking and nesting toys
- Hammer toys
- Giant cars
- Phonics toys
- Mathematical toys
- Cause and effects toys
- Lights and sounds toys
- Push and pull along toys
Dedicated Kids Club Play Room
In our dedicated Kids Club play room the children have access to a home corner, computer area, small world toys, construction toys, a table for arts, crafts, drawing and board games and a reading / quiet area with books and cushions.
Main Outdoor Play Space
The children have usage of a large outdoor play area which encompasses a mud kitchen, Cosy coupe cars, giant building blocks and two climbing frames with slides.
In our garden area we also have two large tables for the children to use for playing board games, drawing and arts and crafts.
In addition to the above we also have an outdoor toy cupboard full of outdoor toys and games such as: bats, balls, hula hoops, skittles amongst other toys and games.
Nursery Additional Outdoor Play Space
- Gardening area
- Wendy house
- Log stepping stones
- Plastic picnic table for board games and arts and craft activities
Our additional nursery outdoor play space forms part of our continuous provision and the children will be enabled access to this area at all times supervised by qualified early years staff. Except in the event of adverse weather conditions.